It must have been your years of dream to possess a driverless car, where you would be relaxing with a book or a laptop, away from the real-world, just telling your car where to go. Though nowadays, you can see some voice-operated cars on the road, complete driverless driving, without the necessity of your presence behind the wheels is still in a testing phase. But even with a driverless driving feature, you still have to pay attention when you are sitting in the car, no matter how many safety features you install. However, installing safety features have become quite significant nowadays, not only to ensure physical protection for you and your vehicle but also as a tool that might help you save on your auto insurance.
So, when you are shopping for a new car, you need to look for vehicles having the following options, as recommended by the NHTSA (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration), which might get your lower auto insurance in Los Angeles, CA.
- Electronic stability control: This is now the recommended standard for models manufactured in the year 2012 and later. But, if you are purchasing a used vehicle, then consider the one that comes with this feature. It helps you to have control on the slippery roads and on curves, as per the NHTSA, especially when you are driving in a hilly region or in the rain. Moreover, it reduces the risk of a fatal single-vehicle crash by about fifty percent and the risk of a fatal rollover by eighty percent.
- Lane-departure warning: Installation of this feature is effective to give you lower premium on auto insurance in Los Angeles, CA. This feature uses cameras in order to keep track of your vehicle’s position on the roads; and in case due to some reasons your vehicle begins to drift from the lane unintentionally, an alarm would notify you.
- Backup camera: These cameras, have now become the standard equipment in more automobiles, which automatically activate when the car shifts into reverse, giving you a better and complete view of the car.
- Forward collision warning: These are sensors installed in the front of the car, which would warn you of an impending collision, thereby giving you a chance to steer clear or brake.
- Automatic emergency braking: This feature works with forwarding collision warning sensors, which would automatically apply the brakes in order to avoid a collision.
- Adaptive headlights: These headlights actually shift when you drive on bends and turns enabling you to see better.
- Automatic crash notification: This notifies emergency responders if there is an event of a crash.
- Pedestrian automatic emergency braking: This alerts you if a pedestrian is in the path of your car and automatically applies the brakes.
Having all these safety features installed makes the insurance company feel safer when your car is on the road. You can enjoy lower premiums on the auto insurance in Los Angeles, CA by investing one time on these features.